Current KORE Academy job openings:
Middle School Paraeducator
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assist certified teachers in implementing instructional practices, transitional activities, maintaining a safe and supportive instructional environment, and communicating and collaborating with teachers and other professionals to ensure special education students obtain quality instruction.
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement strategies and procedures developed by teachers to maintain safe, supportive, and inclusive learning environments.
- Implement strategies that promote the student’s independence across all relevant educational settings.
- Based on program and student needs, assist teachers and related service professionals in carrying out individualized programs for students who have special health care needs, and maintain appropriate records of these activities.
- Keep student data current and report concerns to teachers when they arise.
- Under the guidance and supervision of a teacher, effectively implement learning strategies, prompting procedures, and other systematic instructional procedures in school and non-school settings using a variety of instructional grouping arrangements.
- Implement teacher-developed plans or strategies that enhance the fluency, maintenance, and generalization of academic skills.
- Based on program and student needs, assist teachers with community-based instruction.
- Use grammatically correct language which includes age-appropriate vocabulary, first person language, appropriate tone of voice, and reinforcement procedures.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as preparation of instructional classroom materials; setting up student work areas; and operating office equipment, video, computer, adaptive devices, and other materials.
- Maintain classroom records, maintain attendance records, answer the phone.
- Assist teachers in monitoring student progress regarding academic/cognitive development, social development, and behavior.
- Implement teacher-developed behavior plans and techniques that adhere to the policies and procedures concerning the management of student behaviors
- Record data and monitor progress on behavior goals as directed by the teacher.
- Monitor and assist students in non-academic learning environments (i.e., lunchrooms, study halls, playgrounds, and buses).
- Direct group activities of students as assigned, assist in lunchroom duties as assigned, assist in emergency drills, rec-leisure activities, assemblies, community participation as assigned.
- Assist in overseeing students while in regular class, labs, or other activities, providing them with the necessary materials needed to participate.
- Follow teacher instructions and implement team decisions.
- Maintain confidentiality of individual students and their families, as well as all student educational records.
- Perform assigned responsibilities under the supervision of the teachers in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assist in administering diagnostic and other tests and record test information.
- Read, understand, and assist in implementing, recording, and monitoring assigned students plans.
- Assist students to and from activities, loading, unloading, and/or riding with the student using school transportation mode.
- Assist students by providing proper examples (positive attitude, caring attitude, good rapport with other staff members), emotional support, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Provide support to the teacher and student by creating an environment that is conducive to learning. If instruction is being hindered because a student’s behavior is distracting, implement guidelines given by the teacher. (Take students for a walk, take students to the bathroom, remind students how they are to behave).
- It is the teacher’s responsibility to communicate academic/behavioral/instructional concerns with the parents.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following health and safety practices and de-escalation techniques.
- Maintain regular attendance. Report your absence to the teacher and in the school office administrative assistant.
Additional Related Duties/Responsibilities:
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for classroom and field trip volunteers.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends all staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Is on time and maintains regular attendance for all school events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists in the developing/maintaining a positive school climate that encourages orderly conduct by staff and students.
If you are interested in this position at KORE Academy, please fill out the application below and mail, along with your resume, to Executive Director, KORE Academy, 4300 Nicholasville Road, Lexington, KY 40515 or, contact the Executive Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KORE Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
KORE Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, sex, or disability in admissions, employment, educational programs, or activities.